Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007

# 1118 - Volker Schmitz Marathon on Jan. 14th, 2007

Sunday, January 14th, 2007 had been a really sunny day, and again everything looked like early spring. Temperatures again were about 10 °C / 50 °F.
We had been 10 runners plus the dog, competing in the Volker Schmitz Marathon on our local course. Volker is a runner from nearby Hamburg who is running our events for about one year and is still undefeated. On his 35th birthday he again was a class of his own and won in new seasons course best of 3.10.46 h.
I did my 16.3 laps on the trails mostly alone as I did the day before. I felt quite tired on this 14th marathon within the last 31 days. Just like "running on empty".
Anyway, it has been great to be out there in the nature! And with my 5.59.28 h I still was sub 6.

Keine Kommentare: